struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brandon Chee" <brandon_c...@imedia-tech.com>
Subject RE: html:form inside of frame
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:58:31 GMT
Dear Bryan,

   I'm using frames and I have to struggle through a problem with frame
for a week! I don't know whether we are facing the same problem or not,
but this is how I fixed my problem. Please check to see whether your
next action that your form is pointing to has been properly configure in
your struts-config.xml file. One funny thing about Struts is that it
will check the whole event sequence to make sure that everything is
intack and all the classes are there. If you are testing your search
event, make sure that the next event in your event sequence is properly
configure with all the form and action classes readied! If not, Strut
will report errors or simply don't work. BTW, I hope you have declared
your form class in your struts-config.xml file, as I don't see it there.

   I'm not an expert in Struts but I do hope that this help. Good luck.

Best regards,
Brandon

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Hilterbrand [mailto:Bryan.Hilterbrand@bullwinkle.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 2:43 PM
To: Struts Users
Subject: html:form inside of frame

I'm using frames for my application, and it gets through the
myapp.SearchActions.initSearch()
method just fine, but it dies when it hits the <html:form> tag.  It
doesn't throw an exception, and the frame is blank.  If I view the
source, there is just the header stuff.  I can get it to work if I
change the html:form tag to an HTML <form> tag.

Why doesn't this work with <html:form>?

Bryan

main.jsp:
    <frameset rows="200,*" border=0>
        <frame name="search" src="/myapp/search.do?method=initSearch"
scrolling=no>
        <frame name="list" src="blank.html">
    </frameset>
    <noframes></noframes>

search.jsp:
           [...]

struts-config.xml:
    <action   path="/search"
                  type="myapp.SearchActions"
                  parameter="method"
                  name="searchForm"
                  scope="session"
                  input="/jsp/search.jsp"
                  validate ="false">
                  <forward   name="Success" path="/jsp/search.jsp" />
                  <forward   name="Failure" path="/jsp/error.jsp" />
    </action>

For additional commands, e-mail: