struts-user mailing list archives

From Steven Leija <Steven.Le...@valtech.com>
Subject Losing Action Errors?
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:31:47 GMT
Hello All,

I have an action form where I'm invoking some remote methods and
returning back an object.  If one of the variables in my object comes
back null then I want to add an ActionError object in the ActionErrors
object and redirect back to the input page.  I have the following code:

If(locator == null)
{
	errors.add("lookup", new ActionError("Lookup is empty"));
	saveErrors(request, errors);
}
return mapping.findForward("success");

After invoked, the logging statements says that no Action Errors were
detected and proceeds to the success path rather than redirecting to the
"input" page defined in the struts-config.xml.  Anyone have any idea why
the errors are not being detected?

Thanks!

Steven