struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Vanspall" <st...@crmsoftware.com.au>
Subject Re: org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process taking a long time
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 07:04:17 GMT
Ok two extra questions then

Do I need any extra taglib's for using JSTL?

and does the list itself need to be a variable in the form I am using, or
can it be a variable on the page?

Regards

Steve
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eddie Bush" <ekbush@swbell.net>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process taking a long
time

> This belongs in tomcat-user or tomcat-dev.  I would suggest refactoring
> your "list" to have "html" as a property though (ie.
> getHTML()/setHTML()).  Then, you can use the JSTL to extract this value
> and do away with scriplets - which are simply evil.
>
> Once you do that, replace your scriplet with:
>
> <c:out value="${listVar.html}"/>
>
> Steve Vanspall wrote:
>
> >Hi there, I have a Java object that stores html code in a string for in
order to speed my Web App up.

> >Basically it Works similarly to an Array list, but updates the html code
for each bean as it is added/update, thus removing the need for getting the
JSP to iterate through an ArrayList and write the HTML specifically for it.
So basically in my JSP all i need do is but a scriplet <%=list.html()%>
where list is the the list of records.

> >Now this part works fine. But if the there is alot of html code in the
string i.e. a large number of records, there seems to be a fairly slow
method being invoked in

> >org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(java.io.InputStream,
java.io.OutputStream)

> >as seems to be the case when I debug it.
> >
> >Does anyone know anything aobut this method, or under what Apache project
the source code may be so I can see what is causing the problem, and
hopefuly change my Web App to accomodate this.