struts-user mailing list archives

From "julio" <ju...@softsite.com.br>
Subject RES: DataSource in Struts 1.1 beta2
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:05:18 GMT
Hi Miguel,

This question was already answered: look for the subject "datasource
retrieval" (6/09/2002).

"
Then, in your action, you can access your datasource via:
execute(......)
{
DataSource ds = this.getDataSource(request);
}
"

________________________________
Julio Cesar
SOFTSITE Tecnologia
+55(85)261-5266
Fortaleza, CE, Brasil
http://www.softsite.com.br
________________________________

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Miguel Angel Medina Lopez [mailto:mamedina@logic-factory.com]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 20 de setembro de 2002 06:37
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Assunto: DataSource in Struts 1.1 beta2

Hi all:

I want to use the connection pool from Struts, then I declare a
datasource
in the config-struts.xml. Following the user guide instruction I use de
servlet.getDataSource(null) method to recover it, but it's deprecated
(I'm
using struts 1.1 beta2). I have read in a message from the list that in
this
version I must use  the method getDataSource from the Action class, but
it
doesn't exists in this class.

Someone Can tell me how can I recover the datasource?

The getDataSource in the Action class appear in the javadoc from the
nightly
build, so Must I use the nightly built of Struts, and it's a stable
version?

Thank you

For additional commands, e-mail: