struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Derry" <dde...@acm.org>
Subject Unable to resolve Validator DTD
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:38:36 GMT
Well I guess this explains why there hasn't been any struts mail this
morning, since the Jakarta site seems to be down. Just tried to deploy the
app I'm working on and got this message:

2002-09-25 08:50:04,031 DEBUG [org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax]
resolveEntity('-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Validation
Configuration 1.1//EN',
'http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/validation_1_1.dtd')
2002-09-25 08:50:04,031 DEBUG [org.apache.commons.digester.Digester]  Not
registered, use system identifier

Now I realize that there are a couple of work arounds that I can use, but
most just don't seem right. What is the best work around for this situation?

Core Struts avoids this problem by 'registering' the DTDs with Digester. Why
doesn't Validator do this? Or is this more of a Xerces bug, since Validator
is setting validation to false?

Would it be acceptable for me to patch the Validator code
(ValidatorResourcesInitializer) to register the DTD? I'm not totally sure
how to do this, but I'm sure I could figure it out from the Struts core
code. I would of course submit my patch into Bugzilla for inclusion, if this
sounds like the right thing to do.

Dave Derry