struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Muench" <Steve.Mue...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: ANN: JDeveloper9i 9.0.3 w/ Struts, J2EE 1.3, et. al.
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 10:08:53 GMT
The OTN discussion forums are at:

http://www.oracle.com/forums

The "JDeveloper" forum is the one for JDeveloper questions.

We don't support doing wizard-assisted table-creation against
the Cloudscape database connection yet (just Oracle for this
release), but the SQL Worksheet and DB explorer work fine.

I was able to

   1. cloudscape -start (from my J2EE_HOME\bin directory of JSDKEE1.3)
   2. Run CloudView and create a database named "test"
      2.1 create a new table NEW_TABLE1
   3. Connect in JDev 9.0.3 and see the NEW_TABLE1 under the
      "APP" schema.
   4. Use the SQL worksheet in JDev 9.0.3 to insert rows into
      NEW_TABLE1 and to select back the results.

The driver class I used was:

COM.cloudscape.core.RmiJdbcDriver

and the connection URL was:

jdbc:cloudscape:rmi://localhost:1099/test

Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Java/XML Evangelist, Author
Simplify J2EE and EJB Development with BC4J
http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
Building Oracle XML Apps, http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp