struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bryan Hilterbrand" <Bryan.Hilterbr...@bullwinkle.net>
Subject html:form inside of frame
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:42:55 GMT
I'm using frames for my application, and it gets through the
myapp.SearchActions.initSearch()
method just fine, but it dies when it hits the <html:form> tag.  It doesn't
throw an exception,
and the frame is blank.  If I view the source, there is just the header
stuff.  I can get it to work
if I change the html:form tag to an HTML <form> tag.

Why doesn't this work with <html:form>?

Bryan

main.jsp:
    <frameset rows="200,*" border=0>
        <frame name="search" src="/myapp/search.do?method=initSearch"
scrolling=no>
        <frame name="list" src="blank.html">
    </frameset>
    <noframes></noframes>

search.jsp:
           [...]

struts-config.xml:
    <action   path="/search"
                  type="myapp.SearchActions"
                  parameter="method"
                  name="searchForm"
                  scope="session"
                  input="/jsp/search.jsp"
                  validate ="false">
                  <forward   name="Success" path="/jsp/search.jsp" />
                  <forward   name="Failure" path="/jsp/error.jsp" />
    </action>