struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Hickey" <bhic...@r-effects.com>
Subject Re: struts & complicated forms
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:17:13 GMT
Bram,

I am sure if you think in terms of a list or an array, you will see that
what you wish is not only possible, but normal.

Use the html:radio tag and assign the property attribute to the form
property. The length of the array/list will tell you how many groups the
page was populated with and each item will provide you with the choice.

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bram Smeets" <bram@jteam.nl>
To: <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 8:53 AM
Subject: struts & complicated forms

I'm fairly new to struts, but I've encountered a problem.
I want to present the user with a list of radio button groups, each
consisting of a fixed number of radio buttons (=4).
The number of groups (ie. the length of the list) is dynamicly determined.
Therefore I'm unable to create an (Dyna)ActionForm class to capture the data
on submit.

My question is: how can I capture an undefined number of radio button groups
into one action form?

I am using struts 1.1

Thanks in advance,
Bram Smeets