struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Derry" <dde...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Commons Validator JavaDoc
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:12:04 GMT
So are you wanting to do validation that involves more than two fields? Or
just trying to get away from specifying the otehr field(s) as <var>
elements.

I can't see any way to do that other than having a validator that is
specific to a particular form field....so that it knows the other fields
that aree involved. The drawback to that is that you would have to write one
for each field to be validated!

Dave D

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jalenak@LABONE.com>

> Yeah, I have - it's a great example on how to write a custom validation
> method.  I'm trying to see if I can directly access additional form fields
> without having to specify each on as a <var>...</var> in my
> application-rules.xml.
>
> Jerry

and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.