struts-user mailing list archives

From Túlio Tadeu (Matriz - CPD) <tulio.ta...@prevcaixa.com.br>
Subject Struts 1.1 beta 2 and sub-applications
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:40:25 GMT
(excuse me I don't know English very well)

Hello,

I am using Struts 1.1 (beta) and I have a problem:

1. I created an application <default> configured by the file
<struts-config.xml>
2. I created a sub-application <subapp1> configured by the file
<struts-config-subapp1.xml>
3. The files JSP of the application <default> they are accessible in
http://<host>:<port>/application/
4. The files JSP of the sub-application <subapp1> they are accessible in
http://<host>:<port>/application/subapp1
5. In the file <struts-config-subapp1.xml> I created one Action Mapping
<welcome> that it is a static redirect for a file JSP  <file.jsp>
6. Also in the file <struts-config-subapp1.xml> I pointed Message Resources
for com.aplication.ApplicationResources

The problem:

- Accessing http://<host>:<port>/application/subapp1/welcome.do no I have
problem some and the <file.jsp> it is carried
usually with all the configurations of ApplicationResources, ActionMappings
and FormBeans

- However, in case I make a direct call
http://<host>:<port>/application/subapp1/file.jsp I receive the following
message:
#javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

- There I "transferred" the configuration of ApplicationResources of the
file <struts-config-subapp1.xml> for <struts-config.xml>, I restarted the
application and I made the same call:
http://<host>:<port>/application/subapp1/file.jsp the
I wander this time was the following:
#javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot retrieve mapping goes action / to
associate

- I believe that I marry I "transfer" mine ActionMappings of the file
<struts-config-subapp1.xml> for the file <struts-config.xml> the new error
message will be related with FormBean that it is still configured in
<struts-config.xml>

The great subject is: because accessing him/it directly I file <file.jsp>
the configurations of <struts-config-subapp1.xml> they don't have validity
and accessing through the action <welcome.do> do they start to work?

Somebody already went by this problem?

--
Túlio Tadeu
Analista de Sistemas

PREVCAIXA - Caixa de Previdência e Assistência
Tel: (31) 3226-8707 - Ramal: 101
http://www.prevcaixa.com.br/