struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jesse Alexander (KADA 11)" <alexander.je...@csfs.com>
Subject RE: Disadvantages of Struts
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:05:08 GMT
Disadvantages of Struts: ... thinking ...

==>
- you have to read through a HUGE number of mails if you subscribe
  to the official mailing list ... (== this one)
- every now and then people will aks you why you use Struts (espescially
  by those who have financial interests to get XYZ-framework to be used...)
- you have not too many excuses for being late in the office (cannot
  say: "had to develop lots of framework-components)
- you cannot make huge architectoral mistakes
- every now and then you get smacked with a smelly trout
- you have to explain to your managers why that framework costs nothing...

about what comes to my mind thinking it...
Alexander

-----Original Message-----
From: James Mitchell [mailto:jmitchtx@telocity.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 12. September 2002 08:23
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Disadvantages of Struts

Ok.  Good point.

Now, from what perspective?  Disadvantages compared to what?

ASP?
ASPX?
PHP?
Cold Fusion?
CGI (Perl/C/C++)?

or do we play in our own ballpark?
JSP? (Model 1)
Servlet?
Servlet w/JSP?
Servlet w/XML/XSL?
Other similar frameworks?

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta