struts-user mailing list archives

From Susmita Pati <SP...@alsysinc.com>
Subject RE: JavaScript dhtml menu: contextPath in url
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:59:47 GMT

I have been trying to use Milonic DHTML Menu.
Have added the js files to my application and added the  script (in the Body
tag). But i cant get it to show up on my application. It just shows as a "-"

what is it that am doing wrong????
susmita
-----Original Message-----
From: Walter Fu [mailto:Walter.Fu@ssa.co.santa-clara.ca.us]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 2:44 PM
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: JavaScript dhtml menu: contextPath in url

I am using 1.0.2. I want to use a JavaScript-based menu such as Milonic
DHTML Menu that shows the sub-menus on the mouse over event.

In their example, one needs to supply the url as follows:

addmenu(menu=["generalnews",
		,,170,1,"",style1,,"left",effect,,,,,,,,,,,,
		,"CNN","http://www.cnn.com",,,0
		,"MSNBC","http://www.msnbc.com",,,0
		,"ABC News","http://www.abcnews.com",,,0
		,"Vancouver Local News","show-menu=canadanews",,,0
		,"BBC News","http://news.bbc.co.uk",,,0
		])

What I want to do is something like:

addmenu(menu=["generalnews",
		,,170,1,"",style1,,"left",effect,,,,,,,,,,,,
		,"My News","<%= request.getContextPath()%>/myAction.do",,,0
		])

Obviously it did not work for me. So... What can I do to get the "My News"
link to contain the context path, and perhaps session id? I guess if I could
use <html:link> that would be great.

Of course I do not have to use this perticular solution. Perhaps another
question is what would you recommend a JavaScript-based menuing solution
that works well with Struts 1.0.2

Thanks,

Walter