struts-user mailing list archives

From "Elderclei R Reami" <re...@vertisnet.com.br>
Subject Re: Java Server Faces and Developer Life Comments
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:57:21 GMT
I agree with you, Tiago. Since the tools are not well integrated, they must have one JVM each
to run, what
makes it very painful. I think 256MB is the least ammount of memory that makes it comfortable
to delete. So we
have a lot to do in terms of tools in order to make Java development more productive.

The main advantage of .Net, and mainly of Visual Studio .Net is integration. Everything in
one workspace. In
VS.Net, you have access to all kinds of beasts, including SQL Server, IIS Server Control,
and so on. However, the
most important aspect IMHO is that I don't need to suffer creating dumb HTML, so web development
is a lot
easier with it.

Certainly, it won't make it easier to plan security, scalability, performance, and won't create
my application
architecture, but VS helps a lot of repetitive tasks.

Cheers,
Elder

On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:34:55 -0300, Tiago Nodari <tiago_nodari@uol.com.br> escreveu
: