struts-user mailing list archives

From Struts Rodolphe <strutsphob...@yahoo.com>
Subject Automatic Validation not working for nested bean/sub forms.
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:34:13 GMT

I ran into this problem and hope someone can shed some light. Somehow the validation declared
in validation.xml is not working for my nested bean/form; it forwards control to the next
page instead of detecting the input errors. Everything seems to match up correctly and validation
is set to true.  Thanks.

in JSP I have:

<logic:iterate indexId="count" id="accountHistoryForm" name="accountHistoryMultipleForm"
property="accountHistorySingleForm" type="AccountHistorySingleForm">

%>' .....

</logic:iterate>

In validation.xml I have:

<form name=" accountHistoryMultipleForm"><field property="carrier" indexedProperty="accountHistoryForm"
indexedListProperty="accountHistorySingleForm" depends="required"> <arg0 key="abc.createQuote.carrier"/></field>
</form>

In Struts config I have:

<action path="/accountHistoryInfo" type="com.abc.QuoteManagementAction" name="accountHistoryMultipleForm"
scope="session" validate="true" input="/account_history.jsp"> <forward name="quote_success"
path="/quote_management/limits.jsp"/></action>