struts-user mailing list archives

From StoicxPhilia Nguyen <stoic...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: is it a known bug with DynaForm and validation ???
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:34:02 GMT

I see what happened! If the  value "depend" atttibue of the form's field in validation.xml
 does not match or exist  the  value of validator's name attribute in validator-rules.xml,
then the ValidationAction is null.
It's the user error in this case, but it should have been handled or caught though.
vn
 StoicxPhilia Nguyen wrote:
I am getting NullPointer Exception in JavaScriptValidatorTag.doStartTag(297) while trying
to use client side validation with DynaValidatorForm, which seems like a bug.

(297: String javascript = va.getJavascript(); //nullpointer)

the error is encountered when it tries to load the fields from this form:

.. In which accountForm is a DynaForm whose type is DynaValidatorForm.

It works fine with server side validation though. Just wonder if anybody has the same problem.

Thanks.

vn.