struts-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Brown <adrianjonbr...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject Re: deploying to jboss/embedded tomcat
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 08:29:48 GMT
Hi Vincent,

I'd suggest you might want to check out Ant for your
deployment problems. I think you'll be pleased. Export
your code from your Forte workspace and then use Ant
to compile and jar/war/ear it up for you, then place
the war/ear in the required directory in JBoss.

http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/

If you want to make changes to your code while it is
running, I'd suggest trying Eclipse and the Tomcat
plugin by Sysdeo. You can place breakpoints, make
changes, etc. while it runs and see the results.

I'm not a Forte expert, but it may have a similar
plugin arrangement for Tomcat.

Adrian

 --- Vincent Stoessel <vincent@xaymaca.com> wrote: >
Hello,
> I have come a long way in learning to use and love
> struts 1.1.
> I have been using forte for writing code and using
> tomcat 4.1.10
> for my dev server. Now I want to move closer to my
> original goal
> of deploying from jboss. My question that exposes my
> ignorance is this:
> How do you edit your struts app if everything is
> jarred into war file
> residing in jboss?
> Will I have to extract it everytime I want to make a
> change?
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Vincent Stoessel
> Linux Systems Developer
> vincent xaymaca.com
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-pkcs7-signature
name=smime.p7s

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Always be connected to your Messenger Friends