struts-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Brown <adrianjonbr...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject Re: Is httpServletRequest available in the ActionForm
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:45:43 GMT
Hi Scott,

I think what you want to do is initialise the form
values? If so, use a request parameter to define an
initialise call on your Action, like this say:

http://yourapp/upload.do?action=initialise

check for this action parameter in your perform()
method of your action, and then fill in the initial
values if it equals 'initialise' and return a mapping
back to the jsp where you want the values displayed.

If this is confusing, let me know and I'll put more
info in.

If it is too easy, you may wish to consider using
DispatchAction to do the above, where the Dispatch
action automatically chooses to run a method based on
the value of a request parameter.

Adrian

 --- Aladar The Dinosaur <aladar@telocity.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is "request" object available in the ActionForm? If
> so, how do I access it?
>
> I'm trying to populate actionForm properties with
> the information stored in
> the session, but don't know how to access the
> request object... by the way,
> I'm fairly new to java so if this is a newbie
> question please excuse.
>
> Thank you,
> Scott

> For additional commands, e-mail:

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Always be connected to your Messenger Friends