struts-user mailing list archives

From "flare" <fl...@flare.it>
Subject [STRUTS BUG] problems with multipart/form-data enctype
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:45:59 GMT
I've a form in which users can upload a file and send comments in a textarea, everything
works as espected but when I try to convert the linefeeds I got from the textarea to <br>,
in
the ActionForm, apparently I cannot find them.. it seems the string gets corrupted !?

cut here ---

   public java.lang.String getTesto() {
      return testo;
    }

    /** Setter for property testo.
     * @param testo New value of property testo.
     */
    public void setTesto(java.lang.String testo) {
      this.testo = StringUtils.convertNewlines(testo);
    }

 -------

If I get rid of enctype="multipart/form-data" (of course doing so I cannot upload anything)
in
the form everything works as espected!

dunno if this is a known bug,anyone knows how to fix it?

if anyone wanna check it  out try:
http://orientamento.unich.it/page/test/form2.jsp
http://orientamento.unich.it/page/test/form.jsp

just insert: