struts-user mailing list archives

From Tom Witmer <...@evolving.com>
Subject Q: My jspDestroy() overridden by message bean's jspDestroy()?
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:29:22 GMT

   I've already found a workaround for this, but wondered how I might
handle this in future if it should happen again.

   I have a JSP with its own jspInit() and jspDestroy() methods that
started and stopped a background thread. This worked fine before
converting the page to use Struts, but broke when I added the message
beans for internationalization. Specifically, my jspDestroy() was in
conflict with one generated by the message bean, leading to a runtime
compilation failure of the JSP. Here's the message bean's jspDestroy():

  public void jspDestroy() {
    _jspx_tagPool_bean_message_key.release();
  }

   My workaround was to move the thread control to a central component I
use for application initialization and shutdown, but how would I have
solved this if I really wanted to have my own jspDestroy() method, as
well as use the message bean?

 - Tom