struts-user mailing list archives

From "Howard Miller" ...@howardmiller.co.uk>
Subject Scope of form beans
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 13:00:00 GMT
Hi,

I'm a bit confused... so I hope this makes some sense.

I wish to display a form for the user to edit. BUT the form isn't empty
it needs to come from a bean that is sitting in an ArrayList. Is there
some way to do this directly?

My answer (that doesn't work) is to create a "standalone" bean (of
the same type) in the action form that forwards to the page. I've tried
this a number of different ways but my form does not see the bean
"bean not found etc". I am creating the bean in request scope - is
this correct?

Without ranting on any more, what are the "rules" for doing this,
assuming its a good idea at all.

Howard