struts-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: User Notification
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:41:05 GMT
Sounds like a simple DB-lookup to me.  You aren't going to update the
client until they refresh at page at least.  You'd just have to include
something that polled for new messages in each page you wanted them to
receive notification.  I'm not familiar with what you mean by "stored as
a DOM" or the implications of that, so maybe this is a bad suggestion ;-)

Vernon Wu wrote:

>I need to implement a message system, sort like email but inside the Java web application
only for its users. After one
>user, A, sends a message to another, B, B shall be notified to retrieve the updated messages
if B is on line. I plan to
>implement messages as stored in a DOM. My question is how the notification shall be implemented.
 I only use a web

--
Eddie Bush