struts-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process taking a long time
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 05:15:59 GMT
This belongs in tomcat-user or tomcat-dev.  I would suggest refactoring
your "list" to have "html" as a property though (ie.
getHTML()/setHTML()).  Then, you can use the JSTL to extract this value
and do away with scriplets - which are simply evil.

Once you do that, replace your scriplet with:

<c:out value="${listVar.html}"/>

Steve Vanspall wrote:

>Hi there, I have a Java object that stores html code in a string for in order to speed
my Web App up.

>Basically it Works similarly to an Array list, but updates the html code for each bean
as it is added/update, thus removing the need for getting the JSP to iterate through an ArrayList
and write the HTML specifically for it. So basically in my JSP all i need do is but a scriplet
<%=list.html()%> where list is the the list of records.

>Now this part works fine. But if the there is alot of html code in the string i.e. a large
number of records, there seems to be a fairly slow method being invoked in

>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(java.io.InputStream, java.io.OutputStream)
>
>as seems to be the case when I debug it.
>
>Does anyone know anything aobut this method, or under what Apache project the source code
may be so I can see what is causing the problem, and hopefuly change my Web App to accomodate
this.

--
Eddie Bush