struts-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Seel <geo...@foto.co.uk>
Subject Redirected to index.jsp unexpectedly
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:01:42 GMT
I am trying to evaluate Struts for a client and have tried to build an
example from the basic struts-blank.war.I am clearly making a stupid
error but cannot find anything similar in the mailing archives so would
appreciate help for a newbie.

My first jsp (TopLevel.jsp) contains the following:

Menu:      <html:select property="menu">

My struts-config.xml contains the following

       <action path="/TopLevelDone"
               type="actions.TopLevelAction"
               name="TopLevelForm"
               scope="request"
               input="/TopLevel.jsp">
         <forward name="addCalendar" path="/AddCalendar.jsp"/>
         <forward name="failure" path="/TopLevel.jsp"/>
       </action>

I have a TopLevelAction.class in the actions package that just pulls in
the value of menu and redirects according to its value.

When I run the jsp and enter a value I get redirected back to index.jsp
with '?menu=AC&submit=Enter' appended.
If I change the action attribute in html:form to rubbish it says it
can't find the action so it must be getting that far. There are no error
messages in the logs I can access (running it on Sun Reference
Implementation J2EE 1.3.1).
--
Geoff Seel                              Voice:  +44 (0)20-8296-0684
Financial Object Toolkits Ltd.          Mobile: 0797-688-0668