struts-user mailing list archives

From Alex McLintock <a...@OWAL.co.uk>
Subject Hanging Struts
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:44:29 GMT
Hi folks,

I have a simple Struts application which decides to hang and not serve
pages after some time. It seems to be database related because the index
pages which don't require the database still work, whereas the ones which
require the database don't respond.

The database appears to be still working since other things can access it
fine. A restart of tomcat fixes the problem - but that of course is hardly
a permanent solution.

I am using a fairly recent version of struts, Tomcat 4.13b, a farily recent
MySQL, RedHat 7.2, mm.jdbc driver,

I see on this mailing list that other people have had problems with hanging
if left "overnight". I have tried to use a "refresh" setting in my
struts-config.xml but that doesn;t seem to have cured the problem.

Alex

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/