struts-user mailing list archives

From "Trieu, Danny" <DTr...@downeysavings.com>
Subject RE: Problems with sub-applications
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:08:00 GMT
Where is your default app settings?

-----Original Message-----
From: Heiko Stoermer [mailto:heiko.stoermer@login-solutions.de]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 7:15 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problems with sub-applications

Hello,

we're using the latest snapshot of Struts 1.1 (jakarta-struts-20020905). I
spent a whole day reading the documentation and posts on the sub-application

feature in 1.1 but cannot get it running.
I set up a minimal testing application "test", which I think is
configured/coded correctly, but it does not work:
-------------------
web.xml:
(configured two sub-apps "name" and "age")
-------------------
        <init-param>
            <param-name>config/name</param-name>
            <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-name-config.xml</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>config/age</param-name>
            <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-age-config.xml</param-value>
        </init-param>

--------------------
/name/index.jsp:
(just a tiny form with one field to ask for the user's name)
--------------------

--------------------
struts-name-config.xml:
(mapping of the action that processes the form in index.jsp)
--------------------
        <action path="/NameAction" ...>

--------------------
tomcat-4.0.4-error:
(http://localhost:8080/test/name/index.jsp)
--------------------
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot retrieve mapping for action
/NameAction ...

It seems to me that struts is not accessing the configurations of the
sub-application. When I enter the action-mapping into my main
"struts-config.xml" it can be retrieved, though, but that doesn't make sense

of course.

What went wrong? Did I miss something? I understand that other people got
this
running, but I'm lacking new ideas in this case.

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Heiko Stoermer

--
Dipl. Inf. (FH) Heiko Stoermer
Project Manager                                     Login & Solutions AG