struts-user mailing list archives

From "Trieu, Danny" <DTr...@downeysavings.com>
Subject RE: Executing code before each action
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:21:12 GMT
Use servlet filter....

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett [mailto:brett@interaccion.es]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 10:17 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Executing code before each action

Hello,

I have a piece of code than I need to execute before each action (it checks
which country the user is in the then sets a session variable).  I want to
execute this before each action so that if a user bookmarks a page and
returns without entering through the "front door" I still have the session
variable.

What is the best way of doing this.  I have thought about using the
RequestProcesser but as I understood it that is for changing request
behaviour rather than this type of thing.

Thanks in advance.
Brett