struts-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject multiple struts-config.xml files in Struts 1.1?
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 20:29:07 GMT
Is there any chance that James Husted's patch for allowing multiple
struts-config.xml files will be included into the final Struts 1.1
release?

The reason I'm interested in it, is that I would like to be able to
make local customizations to a standard webapp.  The local
customization would be to create new JSPs to replace default JSPs.

A way to do this would be if there could be eg. struts-config.xml and
an optional struts-local.xml, that would be read if present.

struts-local.xml would contain <action> elements with the same paths
as in struts-config.xml, with <forward> elements pointing to the
locally customized JSPs instead of the default JSPs of the webapp.

Is this idea flawed?  Or is it reasonable?

Thanx!

- Steinar