struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Smith" <KevinA.Sm...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Java Script help with client side validation
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:29:07 GMT
Kind of a WAG, but couldn't you iterate thru all the forms in the document except for the first
one (forms[0]). That way you don't process A FORM (which I assume is the first form on the
page), but you do evaluate the remaining ones.

--Kevin

var frmCount = Document.forms.length;
for(x = 1; x < frmCount; x++) {
   var current = Document.forms[x];
   // Do validation here
}
-----Original Message-----
From: Struts Rodolphe [mailto:strutsphobian@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 12:20 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Java Script help with client side validation

Does anyone know who to write or have  a java script that does the following:

- Loop through the A FORM which contains an array lists of B FORM

- For each field in B FORM, validates the input for "required", "integer", ...etc.

I am newbie to java scripts, and the existing java scripts in validator-resources cannot be
applied to the case where we have a form that contains an array of another form which has
all fields required to be validated.

Thanks,