struts-user mailing list archives

From "Day, Michael-IBM/TT" <Michael....@Nextel.com>
Subject General Action classes question
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:29:53 GMT
Hopefully someone can help clear this question up.  I am trying to use a few DispatchActions
for all Actions in my application.

As an example, I have a Category data object.  All actions performed with this object directly
are encompassed in the CategoryAction which extends DispatchAction.  I can use my CategoryAction
class to display, insert, update, and delete a Category object.  Is this bad form?  I don't
see a point in creating separate Actions for each "operation".

Assuming this practice is acceptable, I need to understand how I can apply the same principle
to forms.  I have a registration form for new users.  There is a RegistrationAction class,
which extends DispatchAction.  It currently has two methods--create() and update().  How can
I configure this in struts-config.xml, and how do I get this to work with the DynaActionValidator
form bean?

Thanks for the help.