struts-user mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Jason" <jtay...@cobaltgroup.com>
Subject RE: I do not understand html:link with action
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:17:21 GMT
I found an example with Camino 2.0.3, a struts IDE.  My stuff is
unfortunately proprietary so I can't share it, but it's real simple to do.

Basically, when you set up your web.xml, just add more "config/xxxx"
init-params for your ActionServlet.  Like this:

<servlet>
	<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

	<init-param>
		<param-name>debug</param-name>
		<param-value>0</param-value>
	</init-param>
	<init-param>
		<param-name>config</param-name>
	</init-param>
	<init-param>
		<param-name>config/random</param-name>
		<param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config-random.xml</param-value>
	</init-param>
	<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

That's really it-- be sure to have a message resources file (like this:
<message-resources parameter="com.yourdomain.random.ApplicationResources">)
specified in your struts-config files, so you can take advantage of the
per-sub-application properties if you need it.  You can always just specify
the same file for different applications if they happen to share *all* their
properties.  Otherwise, each struts-config file should have their own
message-resources.  Make sense?

-JT