struts-user mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Jason" <jtay...@cobaltgroup.com>
Subject RE: frames and struts
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:25:30 GMT
Maybe not.  I've logged a bug (#12600) against Struts 1.1 that deals with
the inflexibility of the <html:form> tag, and it may be the same basic
problem.

FormTag.java uses a method "getMappingURL" or something like that that
always prepends your action with the context path (incl. module path for
sub-apps).  Therefore, you can't use references relative to your current
location.  I ran into the problem with a multi-tier architecture that uses
virtual hosts to hide the context from the browser, but I can imagine you
might have similar issues with frames if for some reason you need to use
relative references...

-JT

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Bush [mailto:ekbush@swbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 11:18 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: frames and struts

Be aware that you need to be going through actions if you want your
configuration provided for things like <html:form>.  Only by going
through the controller are you able to have vital configuration
information placed in the request - hitting JSP pages alone will not do it.

... sounds to me like that might be your problem.

--
Eddie Bush