struts-user mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Jason" <jtay...@cobaltgroup.com>
Subject RE: multiple sub projects
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:46:08 GMT
I think the current best practice is to have Ant or some build tool manage
the files and eliminate redundancy.  1.1 Final will likely not have property
or config inheritance, as far as I know...

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Martin [mailto:Anthony@TRAMS.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 10:52 AM
To: Struts User List (E-mail)
Subject: RE: multiple sub projects

I just split up my struts-config.xml into two.  Now actions specific to a
sub-project are in their own struts-config file.  But I don't like having to
repeat the form-beans in the second file.  We use the same forms for both
projects.  There are one or two forms that are in one and not the other, but
for the most part, this makes it redundant.  If I leave out the form-beans
in the sub-project struts-config file, I get error 400.

Is there a fix for this in the future, or is this something we'll just have
to live with?

Anthony

"Anything is better than IE, and you can quote me on that." - Wil Wheaton.