struts-user mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Jason" <jtay...@cobaltgroup.com>
Subject RE: How to share Tiles between webapps ?
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:56:54 GMT
I've been able to share jsps between webapps using the "contextRelative"
attribute of the action forward and relative links everywhere.  My default
app is just a redirector to the appropriate sub-app so the user is *always*
in a sub-app.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cedric Dumoulin [mailto:cedric@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 9:46 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: How to share Tiles between webapps ?

  Hi,

  I think that the way to go is to copy the files (.xml and layouts) in
each subapps. If you use a Unix system, you can do a link from the
webapps to your files. The nice thing with Tiles, is that if you modify
one of these files, you can override all its copies and it should still
running.
  The problem of not be able to share files between webapps is not
related to tiles, but to webapps spec.

      Hope this help,
            Cedric