struts-user mailing list archives

From Vernon Wu <vern...@gatewaytech.com>
Subject The right place/time to clean up a session before session time out, or user logoff
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:39:48 GMT
In order to keep track of who is online, I need to keep a list of on line users. When a user
sign in, which can have more
than one routes, an account information object is created. The class implements the HttpSessionBindingListener

interface. The user id is added into the list in the valueBound method.

I would like to have a single one place to remove the user id from the list when user sign
out, or session time out. The
valueUnbound method is not a good place since the session is invalidated already when the
invalidate method is
called. The sessionDestroyed method of the HttpSessionListener interface isn't a right place
neither.

Any suggestions?