struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: Question: Clean shutdown of application scope objects
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:49:17 GMT
The main servlet in Struts is ActionServlet.  Extend it and override
destroy();

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Tal Rotbart [mailto:struts@opisphere.com]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 6:47 AM

I'm a new Struts user, and I've been trying to figure out how to make sure
that my model's clean shutdown is called when the webapp is shutdown when
using Struts. With a regular servlet, it's quite easy -- just override
"destroy()" and put the clean-up call there, but in Struts I can't seem to
find how to do so.

In Struts 1.1 I've been told it has to do with the new RequestProcessor
class, but I'm not sure how to use it and the documentation in the JavaDoc
doesn't give a clue...

Thanks,
Tal