struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: User Notification
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:03:49 GMT
I hope he means stored as an XML doc.  Parsing DOMs are notoriously slow.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Bush [mailto:ekbush@swbell.net]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 5:41 PM

Sounds like a simple DB-lookup to me.  You aren't going to update the
client until they refresh at page at least.  You'd just have to include
something that polled for new messages in each page you wanted them to
receive notification.  I'm not familiar with what you mean by "stored as
a DOM" or the implications of that, so maybe this is a bad suggestion ;-)

Vernon Wu wrote:

>I need to implement a message system, sort like email but inside the Java
web application only for its users. After one
>user, A, sends a message to another, B, B shall be notified to retrieve the
updated messages if B is on line. I plan to
>implement messages as stored in a DOM. My question is how the notification
shall be implemented.  I only use a web

--
Eddie Bush