struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Silva" <msi...@authenex.com>
Subject RE: Executing code before each action
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:20:03 GMT
you could sublass the Action Object (BaseAction), and provide this functionality.  your Action
classes will then subclass this object.  you may need to rename your perform method and call
that my you BaseAction class' perform method.

-mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett [mailto:brett@interaccion.es]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 10:17 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Executing code before each action

Hello,

I have a piece of code than I need to execute before each action (it checks which country
the user is in the then sets a session variable).  I want to execute this before each action
so that if a user bookmarks a page and returns without entering through the "front door" I
still have the session variable.

What is the best way of doing this.  I have thought about using the RequestProcesser but as
I understood it that is for changing request behaviour rather than this type of thing.

Thanks in advance.
Brett