struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject [TGIF] RE: [Friday] Re: [VOTE] Should this list discontinue it's long, treasured heritage
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 03:32:12 GMT
+1
I missed the vote for the same reasons.
I rather agree with your comments about the benefit of 'war
stories'/'lectures', and I certainly think that it is good to sometimes get
off-topic and discuss more general development issues such as XP vs other
methodologies etc...

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Rees [mailto:joel@alpsgiken.gr.jp]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 11:22
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [Friday] Re: [VOTE] Should this list discontinue it's long,
treasured heritage

I missed getting to vote, because Friday was over for me by the time
this started, and I didn't come in on Saturday.

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 16:47, Eddie Bush wrote:
> Do you feel this list should discontinue it's long heritage of "relaxed
> fridays"?
>
> (   )  Yes
> (   )  No
> ( X )  More jokes and philosophy every day!

Okay, I'm only half serious.

But I'm thinking about how war stories mixed into a good college lecture
generally seemed to improve retention for the whole class. Sometimes it
did get out of hand, but the benefit was greater than the cost.

Just a thought.

(And it is Friday for me here.)

--
Joel Rees <joel@alpsgiken.gr.jp>