struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandre Albert" <alexandre.alb...@unicible.ch>
Subject How to share Tiles between webapps ?
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:36:25 GMT
My site is composed of many webapps (many .war files), and I can not
figure out how to reuse tiles definitions and layouts in those different
webapps.
The definitions are relative to the servlet's root context as well as the
layouts specified by the definitions.
I've seen that one possible way is to write a custom
ComponentDefinitionFactory to read the tiles definitions files from a
specific location, but this is a bit tedious because of lack of
documentation or examples. Anyway this will solve the problem of sharing
definitions files for many webapps, but the problem of sharing common
layouts stays.
Is there no other way than copying the tiles definitions and layouts to
every webapp ?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Alexandre Albert
Unicible