struts-user mailing list archives

From "V. Cekvenich" <net...@att.net>
Subject Re: [XML] Struts with Stxx (was RE: Struts - vs XSLT (ASP.NET v. Stru ts))
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:08:50 GMT
Another approach it to use JSTL tags:

The Standard/Core tags have an X:Transform tag.
Example: basicPortal.sf.net (a sample Struts app) stores XML in a DB Content
table, and then uses the X tag to outputs and XSLT.

V.

"Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jalenak@LABONE.com> wrote in message
> I've just started looking at using XML/XSLT as the 'view' component for
our
> web apps.  I like Stxx and it's integration with struts.  Has anyone
> successfully integrated the 'experimental' Stxx 1.1 version with Struts
> 1.1b2?  It looks like the folks over at Openroad aren't spending alot of
> time to bring Stxx up to Struts 1.1 compatibility.  Also, can anyone
explain
> why they integrated it as a sub-app and not a plug-in?  It seems that Stxx
> would (could?) work just like tiles or validator......
>

> Jerry

and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.