struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Holzer" <bhol...@sgi.sk.ca>
Subject [struts-example.war] Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 21:59:04 GMT
Hi all,
   Excuse me for posting this again, but I posted it on Friday and the whole [VOTE] thing
was dominating the list, and I receieved no responses.
   I am using Silverstream version 3.7.3 and in searching the mail archive to try to solve
this problem I have only seen reference to Tomcat and Weblogic (in regards to the struts-example
app), and they were both version problems.
   I tried to find the fix for this in the mail archive but was unsuccessful.  I downloaded
the nightly build from 20020904 and deployed the struts-example.war successfully.  However
when I try to access the app I am getting the following exception.

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
at com.sssw.srv.jsp.AgoJspPageContext.handlePageException(AgoJspPageContext.java:725)
at com.sssw.srv.jsp.AgoJspPageContext.handlePageException(AgoJspPageContext.java:667)
at com.sssw.gen.jsp.index_jsp_808651477._jspService(index_jsp_808651477.java:646)
at com.sssw.srv.jsp.AgoHttpJspPage.service(AgoHttpJspPage.java:92)
at com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarResource.doServletDispatch(AgWarResource.java:936)
at com.sssw.srv.busobj.AgoWarServletRequestDispatcher.dispatch(AgoWarServletRequestDispatcher.java:50)
at com.sssw.srv.busobj.AgoWarRequestDispatcher.forward(AgoWarRequestDispatcher.java:92)
at com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarResource.handleDirectoryRequest(AgWarResource.java:1672)
at com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarResource.service(AgWarResource.java:661)
at com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarURLResource.perform(AgWarURLResource.java:114)
at com.sssw.srv.http.httpd.perform(httpd.java:4568)
at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.processRequest(Client.java)
at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.loop(Client.java)
at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.runConnection(Client.java)
at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.run(Client.java)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I took a look at the struts-config.xml file and the
<message-resources> element is there and appears okay.

Has anyone had this same problem with this version of the nightly build.

Brian