struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steven Banks" <SDBA...@vac-acc.gc.ca>
Subject RE: [OT][WORKFLOW] Any best practice for "back", "save", "continu e" buttons?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:53:55 GMT
I have found web sites that use javascript for security.  Noticed it when trying to access
a page.  Turned off javascript, no more security.

>>> "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.hill@gridnode.com> 09/24/02 11:16AM >>>
Id be dead without JS, and I think people would be silly to disable it, but
cookies is another matter. I can understand folk disabling those...

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Bush [mailto:ekbush@swbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 22:10
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [OT][WORKFLOW] Any best practice for "back", "save",
"continu e" buttons?

Yes, it does!  I can vouch for it!  I personally know two (highly
educated) people that refuse to allow them.  They are ignorant about
them, of course, but that doesn't change the fact that people *do*
disable cookies/JavaScript!

Now, if I know two people, then how many more people are there "out
there" that are doing this?  Sorry to disagree - I view it as a "fact of
life".  Having said that though, I don't not use JavaScript because of
it.  That's yet another opportunity to control things - it certainly
does have applicability.

--
Eddie Bush