struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hue Holleran" <h...@softwareskills.net>
Subject [Tiles] Accessing layout attribute from a page (tile)
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:01:35 GMT
Is it possible to access a tiles layout attribute from a tile?

e.g. if a layout is defined with an attribute, e.g. "x":

  <definition name="rootLayout" path="rootLayout.jsp">
    <put name="x" value="Hello" direct="true />
    <put name="body" value="page.jsp" />
  </definition>

How would I access the attribute "x" in "page.jsp"?

Attempting to do <tiles:insert attribute="x"/> in page gives a "Error - Tag
Insert : No value found for attribute 'x'".

I've also tried using the <importAttribute/> tag but this does not seem to
allow access to the attribute.

Sorry if this is a dumb question with a simple answer but we really have
tried reading every bit of documentation available on Tiles but are still
failing to grasp this.

Hue.