struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jacob Hookom" <hooko...@uwec.edu>
Subject [MVC] Pull C->V
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:16:09 GMT
I was wondering if there was a way to pull action forwards into the current action much like
filter chaining.  The execute method would access a bunch of data from the model, then use
it within the pulled Action, then close/free up the used Objects.  This would require the
ability to also send up a proxied response to write to (example: forwarding to an XML file,
then transforming it server side-- yes, I know all about stxx; another example: opening an
actual resultset passing it as a request attribute to a jsp, then closing it on method return).

Regards,
Jacob