struts-user mailing list archives

From "James A. Hillyerd" <ja...@hillyerd.com>
Subject RE: Session management for cached resources
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 17:20:31 GMT
On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 19:14, Andrew Hill wrote:
> Im doing something rather like this, only I called it an "OperationContext"
> which comprises a hashtable of attributes and an id to store it under in the
> session (passed in the request). I simply overrode the RequestProcessor so
> it knew to look for an actionform in the OperationContext first if the form
> scope is session.
> Works quite nicely.

That sounds pretty close to what I want to do.  Which version of Struts
are you running?  I'm still on 1.0 right now.

Something else I was considering was to use a naming convention like
"context.name", and then have a utility method that would iterate
through the session and remove "mymodule.*".  Not quite as elegant as
your solution though. =)

-james

--
[]  James A. Hillyerd <james@hillyerd.com> - Java Software Engineer
[]  PGP 1024D/D31BC40D F87B 7906 C0DA 32E8 B8F6 DE23 FBF6 4712 D31B C40D