struts-user mailing list archives

From Kevin HaleBoyes <kzbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject struts-config.xml question
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:22:55 GMT
I'm looking at the struts-example and its struts-config.xml file.

In the <action> section for editRegistration, 'attribute' is set
to 'registrationForm'.  As I understand it (from the DTD), attribute
is the name of the scoped (session or request) attribute that is used
to access the ActionForm bean.

Now in the <action> section for saveRegistration 'name' is set
to 'registrationForm'.  'name' is the name of the form bean that is
associated with this mapping.

What is the difference between 'attribute' and 'name'?
It seems that they are the same thing.  Is this true?

Looking at the source for the edit and save registration actions,
they both call mapping.getAttribute() to get the name of the
ActionForm bean.  Why does that work for the saveRegistration
action when it doesn't even have an 'attribute' defined for its
<action>?

Why doesn't saveRegistration use 'attribute' instead of 'name'?

Thanks,
Kevin.