struts-user mailing list archives

From Alex Birch <alex_d_bi...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [MessageResources] - in my Action: getResources(request) returns null
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 07:10:05 GMT
Hi,

I can't find the answer to this anywhere but apologies if I missed something obvious

I have the default ApplicationResources.properties in my web.xml

in my action class, I've tried:

MessageResources messages = getResources(request); // returns null
MessageResources messages = getResources(request, Action.MESSAGES_KEY); // returns null
MessageResources messages = getResources(request, "application"); // returns null
MessageResources messages = getResources(request, "ApplicationResources"); // returns null

however, the deprecated
MessageResources messages = getResources();
returns what I want!

is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance

Alex