struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Harris" <andre...@netcomuk.co.uk>
Subject [Help] Sharing Request Objects across Web Applications
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 07:12:26 GMT
I'd like to know whether it is allowed or advisable to share request
attributes (string or object) across web applications.

It is possible to forward to a path in another web application by using
ServletContext.getContext to get the ServletContext of the other
application, then getting the RequestDispatcher from it. However I can't
find any rules in the Servlet specification for the request in this
situation. I understand that the classes of request objects should not be
loaded by the web application class loader, but rather a common or EJB
class loader; given this, will a request attribute object set in the source
web application be available in the target web application?

Thanks

Andrew Harris