struts-user mailing list archives

From "Howard Miller" ...@howardmiller.co.uk>
Subject ActionMapping.getAttribute()
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 20:21:42 GMT
Hi,

Confused again....

short question.... what does the method ActionMapping.getAttribute() do?? The
javadoc for it is a bit terse!

Longer version... I'm working through the struts-example (carefully) this time, and it
keeps turning up - I simply can't see what its for. In particular in
EditRegistrationAction.java it is used to store the RegistrationForm bean that is
created. Why is that done? I would have thought that is a bean is stored in the
request or session scope it would just have a constant value - not this mystery value -
what am I missing?

While on the subject, (and I suspect related) - what does ActionMapping.getScope()
do? I don't get how an Action can have a scope and/or an Attribute. What's the
story??

Howard Miller