struts-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Sorokine <soro...@vtt.co.jp>
Subject Re: <html:file> inside <logic:iterate>: is this possible?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:42:55 GMT
Andrew,

Andrew Hill wrote:
> Afaik , you cant have indexed file fields (I hope Im wrong and someone
> corrects me on this!)
> ie: setFoo(FormFile[] files)
> Least it didnt work when I tried experimenting with it. (Same error as you
> got)

It does not seem that this behavior is documented.  This page
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/struts-html.html#file lists "indexed"
as a valid attribute for the <html:file...> tag.  So I asumed that it
should be supported.

> If each of those file fields has its own unique setter then it will be ok -
> of course that means you need to know how many files you have at compile
> time (or at least the maximum) so you can create individual setters on the
> ActionForm for each.
> setFoo1(FormFile ff)
> setFoo2(For...
> setFoo3(F...
> setFoo64(FormFil...
> setFoo1693(Fo...
> setFoo32767(Fo..
> setFoo16777216(F... (maybe I exagerate a little, but you get the picture
> ;->)
> :-(

I've also thought of this.  It is ugly but it's not that impractical as
it may seem at the first glance.  Clicking "Browse..." button and
selecting a file for more than a dozen times does not sound like fun.
So if I do not find a "good" solution, I will allow a user to specify up
to about 20 files using indvidual setters.  If he or she has more files
I will make an option to upload them like a single zip file and then
uncompress it on the server.

> I ended up doing my page in a different way (that involved uploading one
> file at at time hotmail style), but the PTB dont like that so Ill also be
> quite interested to see what other responses your question gets!

I will e-mail you if I have any solutions in sight.